Pre-Operative Instructions: GeneralBack
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for 8 hours before the appointment.
- For morning surgery, no food or liquids after midnight the night before surgery.
- No smoking at least 24 hours before surgery.
- Ideally, cut down or stop smoking for up to a week before the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- Plan to rest for the remainder of the surgery day.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow and low-heeled shoes.
- You must remove contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, or stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with your doctor before your surgical date for instructions.
- The use of alcohol or recreational drugs such as marijuana/cannabis can adversely interact with the anesthesia medications. Please discontinue the use of such for at least 72 hours before your procedure.
- If your doctor prescribed you medications, please follow the instructions for their use closely.
- Women, please note: Some antibiotics may interfere with the effectiveness of your birth control pills. Please check with your pharmacist.
Learn more about the procedures we offer, our practice philosophy, and get started on your journey to a healthier life through oral surgery.