Meet Donald R. Liberty, DDS
Dr. Liberty is board-certified and truly enjoys being a surgeon with the ability to change patients’ lives through expert oral surgery care.
About Dr. Liberty
Dr. Liberty was born in Seoul, Korea, and felt inspired to pursue oral surgery because it provided him with the ability to change lives. After his residency, he was recruited by The Permanente Medical Group to establish the maxillofacial surgery department at Kaiser Permanente South San Francisco Medical Center. He practiced there for six years and left to open his own private practice in 2010.
Since opening, Dr. Liberty’s practice expanded to three locations and now serves as the leading oral surgery practice in the greater Sacramento area. Six months after opening his practice, he was deployed to Kuwait with the US Army, which was one of two deployments to support Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation New Dawn.
Dr. Liberty finds true enjoyment in being an oral surgeon and focuses on practicing in a way that benefits his patients the most. He will do anything to help his patients through the traumatic experience of losing, replacing, or repairing teeth, and to provide healthy, beautiful outcomes that his patients can enjoy for life.
Education & Residency
Dr. Liberty earned a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in economics and finance from the University of Guam in 1991. He earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree from Indiana University and completed his oral and maxillofacial surgery residency in 2004 at the Indiana University Medical Center.
Dr. Liberty is a member of numerous professional organizations, including:
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS)
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (AAOMS)
- California Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (CALAOMS)
- International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (IAOMS)
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (ACOMS)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- California Dental Association (CDA)
- Sacramento District Dental Society (SDDS)
- Academy of Osseointegration (AO)
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID)
Hobbies & Interests
Dr. Liberty enjoys many outdoor activities such as sailing, offroading, hiking, fishing, scuba diving, and relaxing on the beach.
You’re invited to experience the new standard of care and patient experience from the leading oral health experts in the greater Sacramento area. Use the buttons below to get in touch or to learn more about our practice.